An idea by Rodrigo Arenas-Carter
Open call from April 5th to 11th, 2021
1. 18+ Guatemalans could participate, regardless of their occupation or profession, including artists, vendors, activists, etc. Foreigners can send their proposals but they must be in Guatemala City during April 2021.
2. Appliers should fill out an online form, answering briefly: What is “doing nothing” for me?, understanding «doing nothing» as those different or distant times/instances to “work”.
3. 6 proposals will be selected, and they will have to record a video of 5-10 minutes «doing nothing», as it was stated in the form.
– format .mp4
– resolution: 1280 x 720
– no editing or post production allowed, one take, simple and direct.
Videos could be recorded using a cell phone. The use of songs/music or other kinds of art/intellectual works is not allowed, unless they are owned by the selected one.
Selected proposals will be credited as co-authors of the project.
4. Selected proposals will receive Q. 200 each one.
5. Participation in the open call implies the acceptance of the conditions and giving Rodrigo Arenas-Carter the rights to use the videos and texts received.
6. Questions? Send love to firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by Centro Cultural de España en Guatemala and its residency program Diálogos en el Espacio.